Tuesday, February 27, 2007

OK, since the last time I wrote, I had my third chemo treatment. My usual buddy, Jane, was not well so her husband, my dear friend went to chemo with me. Now John is not Jane but he is a great guy and like a brother to me - we fight all the time! He stayed with me and only left a few times to take phone calls.

My heart went out to a woman who was also going through chemo. Her right arm was so swollen and she was in such pain - all I could do was lower my head and pray for her. Of course, John, went over to her and talked to her trying to give her comfort - but that's John. He has so much compassion for his fellow man.

Well, for some reason the steroids kicked in and I did not sleep for about 48 hours. I was definitely weaker and more tired this time around. I was in bed from the Friday after my chemo until the following Thursday - I could not function; all I wanted to do was sleep. The bad part was, I did not eat that much because it was too much of an effort to fix myself anything. And, what I did eat went right through me. When I finally felt well enough to eat, I ate too much and made myself sick. I was very close to being anemic last time and I was told that I would be by my next treatment. Yippee, I can hardly wait. :(

Anyway, I am over all that and actually feeling better. Of course, it's a week before my next treatment so naturally I feel good.

I will try and get more pictures taken for the blog - even a bald one. Hey, on me bald is cute!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you in Missouri.

Katy

Lee's Summit, MO

Grimlaw said...

Ok! Now that I got my name showing up, you will see one less anonymous person leaving comments :) Keep writing. You have prayers from our house too.