Saturday, March 31, 2007

From Donna...

Well, here it is, the long awaited "bald shot'" I told y'all I looked cute bald!




Between my last treatment and now, my sister, Angela came to visit. I told her to come the week before chemo because that's when I feel my best. We had such a great time. You know that she is my baby sister. When she came along, I was grown up and getting ready to get married so I really didn't know her. We spent one day in our pjs just talking all day - what fun. It was a day of talk, FoodTV, catching up, and just being sisters. She and my dog, cocoa are now best friends. The time was so short with her. It seems like she just got here and she was gone. I really miss her and our time together was precious - it really gave me a chance to get to know her.

When we took her to the airport and we were waiting to go through baggage check, who was also standing in line but Laura Bennett off of Project Runway. Angela saw her and of course, you all know me, I walked up and introduced myself and then we proceeded to tell her what fans we are and how we had rooted for her during the competition. In case you are scratching your heads wondering what the heck I am talking about, Project Runway is a competition for clothing designers to become Top Designer and start their own label.

I have included a couple pictures for the blog from my sister's visit and a picture of me and my honey.










I had my fifth treatment yesterday and it went well. I snored through part of it. LOL Only one more to go, then I will take another step in the journey. Those decisions are yet to come. I know that I have said this before but I am so blessed to have been put into the hands of Dr. Hollady. He has made the correct decisions in my treatment and he is so supportive and compassionate. And, to top it off he has a great sense of humor. Thank you God for this wonderful man.

Needless to say I am looking forward to moving on after chemo and I am excited about what the future holds for me. I know that I will be forever involved in breast cancer awareness and that new opportunities await me.

Take Care and God Bless until next time.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Heyy, you ARE cute bald =) I am so glad you had a great visit with your sister. Family can be the best. Nice pics of the hubby and puppy, too, thanks for sharing them. And you have WAY more nerve than I. I'm always too shy to say hi to a celeb. I'll bet she was glad to meet a couple of fans!

Good luck with your chemotherapy. I'll keep looking for you to update! Take care.

Anonymous said...

You look nwonderful!!

God Bless,

Heidi
Greenwood, MO

Anonymous said...

I miss you too and yes - way too quick!

Hope you didn't get a cold. I got home and got sick - have been for a week. Of course, you were sneezing your head off. ;-)

I have been thinking about you - especially a lot on Thursday! I will call this upcoming week.

Love you!

Grimlaw said...

It was really nice talking to you the other day.

You always look like you are feeling so well and full of energy. I hope that you are feeling good after this last treatment.

You look truly great without hair... except that your head may be just a little too perfectly symetrical. I mean who in the world has such a perfectly shaped head? Your head makes me look like my parents dropped me down the stairs when I was little... Heeeey! I have to go call my mom.

Rest up and be good to yourself... (and your perfect head).

:)