Tuesday, April 17, 2007

From Donna on her last chemo treatment.

Before I had my mastectomy in December, my daughter, Misty set up this blogspot for me and asked me to write some thoughts; and for my first blog I wrote some things that I know for sure. So, with my last chemo treatment looming in the very near future, I thought I would tell you what I now know for sure.

- Even though I know I said I could not do this anymore, I will have my last treatment - sometimes emotions just get the better of me.

- I know that I am not superwoman and no matter what I thought about how things were going to be in my life or how I thought I could control what was happening to me, I was wrong. It is what it is and it's definitely out of my hands.

- In the name of Jesus, I am healed. Thank you Anita for reminding me.

- There has been a small group of women: Misty, Lisa, Jane, Susan, Hope, Anita and Debora who have been there with me from the beginning of my journey. I am so blessed to have them all in my life and I thank God for them.

- As I complete this step in my journey with breast cancer, I know that by the grace of God go I and He will guide me and walk with me through the next step.

- I know what is important. I once told my boss that people on their death beds don't say that they wish they had spent more time at work. You have one family and it could all be gone in a moment - don't lose sight of what is important and always say I love you.

- I do know that I will have to get radiation treatments but I will cross that bridge in about a month. At least I will be off the steroids. So if I babble, I have no excuse.

- Writing this blog has been good for me and I plan to continue until.....

Donna

6 comments:

Misty said...

Yay Mom!!!! I love you and I knew you could do it.

Carrie said...

Yay! You're near the end of your chemo! It must have been hard, but you're nearly through! Sounds like time for a hot fudge sundae... =)

Lisa White said...

I've tried this before and was not very successfull. Gosh I hope theres spell check, ha
Donna I just want you to know how very much I admire you. You spirit your streight just you. When you were my boss I looked up to you for knowlege and now I look up to you for your wisdom. Even in the worst of times you shine.

So now about me and my life, I went to Texas for the Easter holiday to see my grandbabbies. Will will be one here the end of May and Alexis will be 3 the end of August. My heart just sings when I hear their little voices. Or is it my hair raises when I hear their little voices. No really they are just the cuitest babbies in the world. Eric my youngest son, joined the Navy and compleated boot camp March 16. He is now a southern in Gulf Port Mississippi. He is liking the school much better than boot camp. Image that ha. He is still very home sick. Johnny is still in NY and hopefully will be back home towards the end of the summer. I wish I could come and see you. Keep your spirits up and your faith close. I love and think of you offten. Lisa White

Grimlaw said...

Congratulations! The writing you have done helps me to understand (at least a little) how much you have gone through to get to this point. It is really inspiring to know your story. It's a gift really. I can't wait to read the post AFTER your last treatment! Be good to yourself. :)

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you all day. One section of the journey finished, another to go and then Italy - here comes Donna!

Deb said...

I greatly admire your strength and your courage Donna.

My name is Debbie, I met your sister Angela through her music and my brother. She's an angel both vocally and in spirit.

I'm looking at surgery this coming Tuesday, they say I have lung cancer... I say I'm fine. I've had lots of prayer and positive thinking so by the time they get inside my lung it'll be gone or close to it.

Thank you so much for going public with you story, Donna. It's stories like yours, and people like you, who give people like me,hope and courage.

My positive thougths, prayers, and love are with now during your recovery from the last chemo treatment.

Love and Blessings,
Deb